Labels

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ready for fall and a few of my favorite recent finds

I told myself I wouldn't do it this year.. I did it last year and it was too soon. I was doing well until I saw some lovely "fall PINsperation," and I succumbed. I went into the garage and pulled out all my fall decor and meant to only put up one or two things for now to ease the transition to fall.. I was supposed to gradually add one thing here and there each week until all my things were up but that didn't end up happening. Ya, its ALL up, every last piece. I think I do this subconsciously as sort of a "rain dance," in hopes that it will bring the cool weather faster. Today was 101 degrees.. my rain dance has failed. So I thought I would share some of my favorite fall decor with you out there in blogger land.
 Pictured above is my fireplace mantle. I LOVE burlap and have some here and there all year but I especially love to incorporate it into my fall decor. I also love owls and what better time to year to bring them out!
 I made this wreath last fall and I was quite proud of it :)
 Mason jars + feathers = my new favorite fall decoration!!!! I switch from my summer hues of seafoam and aquas to more deeper hues like teals and browns.
 All white craft pumpkins..decorated the last two last fall and the big one is my newest edition.. I am working on what I want to do with it.. keep it plain white or decorate.. what do you all think?

 The peacock feather has really made its way into my fall decorating.. the hues are amazing and are just the right pop of non-traditional fall colors I need.


And now, here are a few great finds I have found the last few weeks!
 A chevron tank top on clearance at Ross for 10 bucks, mmmhhhmmm (insert the happy dance)!! I loved the way it fit and the colors are PERFECT to transition into fall. To the right, a navy peplum top I found at target and it is ADORABLE!!! If you have not given this huge trend (especially for fall) a try yet, it is so incredibly flattering and forgiving!
 Special edition Ball Mason jars in vintage blue for their 100th anniversary, oh the possibilities!!
 Ok, many of you should be familiar with the Gigi Hill brand handbag and accessories sold by independent  consultants, right? If you have you know the unfortunate news that they closed shop and many of their consultants sold their remaining stock at amazing discounts! I had my eye on this pattern for a long time and jumped at the opportunity to grab it! This one pictured above is called the mileah and it is a makeup/accessory bag, I also purchased the Annalise in the same pattern which is a duffel bag (I have yet to receive in the mail but I am anxiously staring out my window everyday keeping an eye out for the UPS man!).



So those are some of the things I was so happy to find lately! What are some of your favorite finds that you may have gotten a great deal for? I would also LOVE to hear some of your favorite fall decorating tips! Do you stick to traditional? Or are you creative or like to be a little non-traditional?


S
Here is a selfie I took on a windy evening on one of my walk/runs. It was nice and cool that day, also putting me in the mood for Autumn! What is your favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment