Labels

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Glitter, Spice, and everything pretty!

Yesterday, I had the privilege of attending a workshop for "creatives" put on by Brier Rose Design, called "Glitter&Spice." This was the first of its kind and I was so excited to be around other creative and godly ladies. I have known Collette, head of Brier Rose Design, for a few years now and am in LOVE with her work and aesthetic, so I signed up right away when she announced this workshop! The women I had the privilege of meeting were all so talented, many of whom had their own businesses or shops. I have to admit I was a bit intimidated when we went around and introduced ourselves and what we do..being that I am only a craft-a-holic and felt for a moment that I was the party crasher. But these ladies are all so sweet and welcoming that I quickly got over that. The event was held at the talented Sara Lucero's beautiful home.
This was the sign in table when you first walked in (above).
Everything was styled by Brier Rose Design. This was the decor at the entry outside of the front door.  (pictured above)
 Our place settings were gorgeous and we got to take home our personalized mugs along with some other great goodies and our creations.

 These were the "swag bags" full of handmade goodies from some of the vendors that we got to take home with us (below).
This piece was created by Kristina Carter (above).

There were of course crafts we got to make and of course I was excited to add even more fall decor to my already bursting home. When I call myself a craft-a-holic, I'm really not exaggerating..I may have a problem lol!



This was our first creation, a fall succulent arrangement in a hallowed white pumpkin. This was probably my favorite thing we did! It was so fun and really neat to see the other creations and how no two were alike, as individual as each lady.


This was our next project, a fall fabric scrap wreath. Very easy to do, the grapevine wreathes were already pre-made by Collette, all we had to do was tear strips of fabric of our choice and tie them all over the wreath until we were happy with it. The sign in the middle was also another project, we stained the wood and hand lettered whatever we wanted on it afterword. I decided to use it with my wreath and think they look good together.
 It now graces the top of my fireplace mantle.
This was one of the items that came in our swag bags, a crochet little pumpkin by Laila's Charming Pieces. Isn't it seriously the cutest thing?!

My collection of pumpkins is as eclectic as I am.

Ok, ok...Confession: I was so excited about my swag bag that I totally opened everything like a kid at Christmas and didn't even stop to think to take pictures of them in their adorable packaging before I opened them. (Hangs head in shame) I'm sorry! In it was a very cute pumpkin cookie by Twins, Trinkets & Treasures, a really cute feather necklace by Love Sparkle Pretty, a hair bow by Brier Rose Design, and I'm sure I am having a brain fart and forgetting something. :( This workshop also featured a guest speaker, Christa Mortimore, who is a professional photographer and fashion blogger. She inspired and challenged us to pursue and use our gifts and talents that God has blessed us with and really encouraged us. We also made a faux caramel apple, but mine didnt dry enough in time and kinda fell apart so I wasn't able to take a picture of it before it came undone :/ This was such a fun and refreshing workshop I would TOTALLY do this again and again! What girl doesn't love her some glitter and spice? ;)

Links:
Brierrosedesign.net
publish-style.com
christamortimore.com
saralucero.com
lailascharmingpieces.blogspot.com
lovesparklepretty.blogspot.com
acozycupoftea.blogspot.com

*If I have forgotten anyone from this workshop, please let me know and throw in your link in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment